How to design a home that is on a slope or a hill ?

nura hill 17 May

After trying to recreate the floorplan of my home and outside yard area on Homestyler, I realized that on the outside of our side door by the garage, you have to take like 5 steps down from that side door to get into the garage and yard. But, if you go into the main front door, there is only one step up into the house. this tells me that the house is on a slight slope. 

THE ASK: if I already designed the floorplan of the house, how can I design the outside area by the door to have steps to go downward? i was hoping could do add extrusions as seen in the image below here in those white rectangles by the door but because its already set to 0", it wont let me go below that. How do I do this??? I've spent so much time trying different things, but nothing has worked thus far. Help please!

Cleaned up pic for reference:

348 4

Comments(4)

head-img
Homestyler support 20 May
Hello, You may draw the stairs and grass both in 'Interior Modeling', and when you want add item below the ground, you may press 'Ctrl' on your keyboard while draging them down.
head-img
Kelly Dunn 3 July
Thank you, this is certainly better than nothing, but still tedious because you can't highlight multiple objects to do them all at once, or enter a negative number to get a precise elevation. @ Homestyler support
Hello, You may draw the stairs and grass both in 'Interior Modeling', and when you want add item below the ground, you may press 'Ctrl' on your keyboard while draging them down.
head-img
Grace Simmons 20 May
My design Poetic Living https://www.homestyler.com/projectDetail/636f2f064c12ba0aa2c71b83or is an example of using the basement level, editing the 1st floor (floor edit) to create the water feature and the front facade. I used the same process for Island Compound, to create front entry steps: https://www.homestyler.com/community/editProject/60913a6f7a8d7a0a5984edee
head-img
Grace Simmons 20 May
Its complicated...and time consuming. You can add a basement level the height of the tallest stairs and then use custom modeling to create the slopes. Or create the stairs, lower them and then build up slopes w/custom modeling. I've done it a couple of times, it takes imagination and patience.